All I need is someone to love me and a place to finally call my home.
You can't buy food,medical care and a roof over my head with just licks
Want to find out more about me?
BALOO IS IN THE UK AND HE IS AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION THERE
I am Baloo and I spent much of my late puppyhood searching through bins and rubbish to find food. I was often hungry and was constantly being shouted at and kicked at by humans who did not want me scrounging through their bins. This made me more and more wary around humans but I took another stray dog ( Flora - Available for adoption (2ndchancedogs.org ) under my wing and somehow we survived together - with me protecting her and looking after her.
After lots of adventures together – most of which were negative – we were rescued by 2nd Chance and looked after at the Centre. I loved it there and particularly enjoyed the treats and the play area. I gradually learned to trust humans as, for the first time in my life, I was always treated with calm, kindness and had a regular routine. I am currently in foster in the UK and am looking for my forever home.
I am very loving and playful but will take time to trust my human family completely. I am a very verbal dog who barks when I am happy, when I want to play and when I feel anxious.
Character & Temperament
Due to my hard past, I am a bit timid at first but after you get to know me better you will see what a wonderful doggy I am!
I am very clever and I can be trained easily!
I am also good on the lead!
My trainers say that I am one of a kind! A very special boy!
Ideal Home for Baloo
I would love to live with a family who:
• enjoy being outside: a garden where I can play safely would be a bonus;
• love long walks and will give me plenty of time to sniff;
• appreciate that I am a high spirited and energetic dog;
• are at home most of the day and willing to give me lots of love and attention;
• will be patient with my initial lack of trust;
• who will understand my tendency to resource guard and recognise that I do this because I had so little for so long. I really enjoy the company of other dogs – if they are easy going and calm but enjoy play.
I should not be rehomed with cats or other furry animals and I would prefer to live in a calm, adult-only home.
"Not evaluated yet."
Want more info about Baloo ?
Your message has been sent successfully.